Notice the Moon of the Day at the bottom of my page? Well, being a fan of Twilight, I read all about the cast for New Moon this morning. They have the whole werewolf clan chosen. Just a little irony that the moon of the day on my page shows a wolf howling at the moon. In another life, I would be cast in these movies. Oh, I get caught up in my dreamland and at times experience extreme frustration to be brought back down to my current reality. My dreamland is so much better than this.
I have many things I want to accomplish in life: learn to play the piano, continue learning the guitar, take acting classes again, write a book or 2, walk a marathon for a good cause, publish my poetry, write a screenplay, actually pursue my acting dreams, travel the world, see a ballet ,volunteer at a children's hospital and local theater, create my own greeting card line, open up my own coffee shop, get back into shape, etc.
More times than not, I have noticed that I am "talking" about all of these things, but not taking any steps towards achieving these goals. How hard can it really be? Most of what I've listed if not all are things that are fun. These things have no serious counter effects if I fail at them. I enjoy or will enjoy almost everything I've listed. What is stopping me? I have noticed that I am becoming that awful dreaded person that I never intended to become. You know, the person that will ramble on and on about their hopes and dreams, but never attempt to achieve them. The person that sits on the sidelines and watches others become successful and accomplish their goals. I don't want to be that person anymore. I don't want to be scared anymore of failure. So what if I fail. I am doing things that I want to do, just for me, for fun, for the love of doing them. If people don't like it than I will agree to disagree, but no harm will be on my hands because I am not doing these things for other people. I am doing them for me. I start today.
I am going to take baby steps and include a new section in my blog about my challenges towards accomplishing my goals. The first will be: getting into shape.
No comments:
Post a Comment