Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 3

Dear Me,

I have to start today with employers and their employees.
Why is it that whenever you go to a drive thru restaurant you get nothing but attitude from whomever happens to be taking your order. Okay, so you work at Taco Bell. I didn't force you to work there. You filled out that application and you are choosing to stay there. Life is all about choices. There is no reason to blame innocent bystanders for the misery you may be experiencing. I worked at Taco Bell when I was 15 and it wasn't that bad. Did I aspire to make a career out of it? No.
 I must say that the only Fast Food chain that always has pleasant service is Chick Fil A.They are trained like drones. It is almost too pleasant. Straight from Stepford Wives. Kinda weird, but still nice. Customer service savvy.I give them 4 stars.

I went to BrandSmart today after work to get out of the confinement of our condo. We need a new microwave. Ours has been broken for awhile. I have to hold the button for the door release just at the right position and with the right amount of pressure to get it to work. Then all you smell are chemical fumes. Very irritating. The microwave definitely test my patience on days.

One day I had my fiance hold the button for me and cracked up listening to the door of the microwave open...Slam...open...Slam...OPEN...SLAM! The intensity of the SLAMS increased within seconds. If you don't hold it just right and with the right pressure, you will have to start all over again. Hit clear and enter your time. I have more patience than he by about 98 percent. The process to heat up our food drives me mad.So, yes. I was secretly snickering in the other room listening to his struggles and frustration.

Back to BrandSmart. We were looking at the microwaves. Found one. waited in line to be told that we need to go to another line. Waited about another 10 minutes. We ask the lady if she can look up our account number as we forgot the card. A blank stare. Then a reply, "when was the last time you used your card?" We don't know..Maybe last year sometime. Who freakin' cares!
So we ask, "Can you look up our account to see if it is still active?"
She replies, "Naw, I can't."
"See they may have closed the account and if I call they won't give me the information without the account number."
I'm sorry...WTF? Isn't that what we just asked? If you could look it up for us. It boils down to pure laziness.
The sad thing is that there are millions of Americans in customer service relation type of jobs with zero customer service skills. Again. WTF? I have been a manager before and would be ore than happy to get rid of someone who couldn't grasp the concept of being polite to customers. The consumer is helping pay your paycheck in a sense.
My Ally McBeal moments were flashing through my head like a Nascar race.

I am contemplating entering another writing contests. I always enter them and never place so much as 20th. You have to be like Thomas the Train and think you can...think you can...and one sun shining day, you will see that you can!

I went home today without a microwave but with yet another superb example of customer service at its finest. I did buy a lotto ticket with one of my last two dollars...Fingers crossed:)

Until tomorrow,

Me

1 comment:

Chel said...

I agree about Chick-Fil-A: maybe they are brainwashed, but I always have a positive experience and never feel like a pain in their ass!