Thursday, March 5, 2009

"You smell Booty?"

I am trying to wrap things up, it is nearing the end of the day. Tomorrow is Friday and the weekend is drawing in closer. All of a sudden my colleague, who just happens to be male says, "You smell Booty?"
WHAT??????????
I naturally, though laughing think to myself while blurting out these words exactly:

"What kind of question is that? What does booty smell like? If we are like animals, then we all smell differently and on top of that we all smell different to different people. So, either you (directed at my colleague)have smelled a lot of different booties, or you have smelled one particular one a lot. You would have to have smelled a variety of booties, or just have one particular scent of a booty in your senses to be able to identify a particular smell of this sort. Really, what does booty smell like?"

I continue to analyze this even more. You can't just ask that sort of question without having justification behind it. I mean are we talking baby powder booty smell, baby dirty poop filled diaper smell, old grandma/grandpa change your pants smell, a bad fart smell, wet your pants pee smell, wet dog, garbage, smelly socks, or rotten food. I mean the list could go on and on.

Though, my thoughts were racing to identify the particular smell he was referring to, I laughed my booty off. Just another day at work. Sure beats the Mundane Mondays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! This made my morning! Hmmm...booty? That does leave that comment wide open to suggestion!
:-)

Anonymous said...

I also wanted to say, thank you SO MUCH for your kind words on my blog! That really meant a lot. Never give up writing. Don't let the fear stop you! Put it out there! What do you have to lose? I live by it's better to know than not know. :-)